Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Hicc----up!!!



I had another little chuckle today at a time in the morning when I'm usually the foggiest. It may not strike you as funny, but at the time I couldn't stop giggling. The radio came on at 6:30 am and I normally listen to about 7 seconds of the morning news before I'm snoozing again, only to realize I've heard nothing and I'm pushing the snooze button for a few more zzzzzz's. But this morning my ears perked up....the dear man reading the news began to hiccup while speaking. At first it was almost undetectable....just a second pause be(hic)tween syllables. Then it was quite a few words with a pause between syll(hic)ables. Then it was full-out, "And today in Iraq, there was more (HICCUP!), Excuse me...violence.........And the weather will be clear and (HICCUP!) Excuse me...cold." This continued every few sentences until the news was (mercifully for him) finished. He deserves a medal for just continuing and not pausing to apologize or break into peals of laughter. At least he got me awake. I purposely listened again in 30 minutes to see if the hiccups were gone...and they were. Now wouldn't the timing of that incident just have been perfect if he had been covering the news a few weeks back about the now infamous Jennifer Mee of St. Petersberg, whose hiccups lasted for 37 days.


Isn't the internet a wonderful place that you can actually listen to Jennifer's hiccups.... umm.....if you actually wanted to...... click here:

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/webspecials07/special_reports/hiccups/index.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment