Friday, March 9, 2007

Fill in the blanks.....


Oh, the dumb things I do!!


I was saying welcome back this week to a co-worker who had been on sick leave for 8 months. She said she wanted to thank me for the card I sent her back in the summer. She also said, 'Lyn, I have to tell you.....the card was completely blank. I only knew it was from you because of the return address on the envelope'. I looked at her in disbelief. She laughed and said she knew at that moment that I was under a lot of stress at the time (which we were at work). My co-workers got a good laugh over it, while I racked my brain trying to remember how that could have happened. I am quite sure I was doing 2 cards at once, so I told her that I likely put her message in someone else's card, and they are too polite to tell me.


Later though, I started wondering if the second card had been a sympathy card. Wouldn't that be great if it was a sympathy card I sent to the co-worker and a get-well card to someone who was grieving!


This week I am going to mail another card to that same co-worker - one that is blank inside - and I am going to write the following:

Dear ________, I know that you are _____ at filling in the _______s. I was sorry to hear that you are ____________. I hope you ____ ______ soon. We ______ you here at work. Sincerely, _________ ___________ . (This replaces the ______ card).


I may be partially losing it....but until I become 'Mr. Beanlike' and send cards to myself....I'm still okay.


No comments:

Post a Comment