Saturday, February 24, 2007

Need a Peaceful Place?



<(Alberta was a peaceful place!)
When I have down times, tired times, moments when I need a lift, I play Rita Springer CDs. There are few singers who inspire me quite like her.....it's like she's not just singing some songs......it's more like you're invited to quietly listen in on her worshipping her Creator with all of the passion within her. I never cease to be encouraged after listening to her. She writes a lot of amazing lyrics. This song from her 'I Have to Believe' CD though, is written by Jeremy Riddle. Rita 'cried all afternoon' after she first heard this song, so it's no wonder she's included it on one of her albums.
"In the quiet of my
soul
In the stillness I hear Your voice call
And I am
overwhelmed

I am lost for words to describe You

Jesus, You’re more than
a friend
Jesus, You’re more than my heart could
ever express

Your love and your grace never fail
me
Your merciful touch always heals
me

You bring JOY to my
soul

My heart longs to worship You my
King
And I long to bring You a pleasing
offering

And I am
overwhelmed
I am lost for words to describe
You"

'More Than A Friend' - Written by Jeremy
Riddle

No comments:

Post a Comment