Monday, July 28, 2008

A Little Summer R & R (Repair and Reorganize)

I need to get back to work tomorrow. After a two week vacation, I need a rest!

Oh, the first part of our two weeks off was wonderful. Lots of fun and activities with family and friends. The last half was spent cleaning and organizing and fixing. I learned I can even go without keeping up with news events and stay off the computer for an entire week....and not miss it at all!

Our bedroom has now been totally transformed to a peaceful and organized place - I can't believe my fingers just typed that! After 28 years of marriage and with kids, does anyone ever have a bedroom that doesn't harbour everything but the kitchen sink? More on that in a future blog....

My favorite part of our bedroom is this picture.
I couldn't resist buying it when I saw it. It now hangs over our bed and reminds me of our dog who has been known to creep from her place at the end of the bed up to the pillows, and peacefully sleep when we're not home (I have spies).
What a wonderful verse to hang over your head when you're snoozin'!!
Now if I can only come up with one to boot me out of bed when I've got to go to work.....perhaps a little King James version of Proverbs 6:9...."How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? when wilt thou arise out of thy sleep?"

No comments:

Post a Comment