Sunday, May 11, 2008

Starfield


I was quite excited today that my son gave me the new Starfield CD, I Will Go, for Mother's Day. (I'm hoping I hear some guitar strains wafting through the house from the new songs he learns from the CD!) I had just been talking about Starfield yesterday with someone who had been at their concert recently in Abbotsford B.C. Part way through this rock concert filled with 1,000 people, if you can imagine, lights and scaffolding came crashing down and sent about 40 people through the floor which caved in to the basement 3 metres below. Thankfully, there weren't more hurt but a couple are still in hospital in serious condition. My friend said he was very impressed to watch some members of the Starfield band just jump right in the hole in the floor to help the people that had just fallen through.
I've always liked this band for their attitude and excellent lyrics, and the new CD does not disappoint. Go buy yourself a copy and be encouraged and inspired. Here's a taste....
....."Let me not be blind with privilege
Give me eyes to see the pain
Let the blessing You poured out on me
Not be spent on me in vain
Let this life be used for change
I wanna live for You
Go where You lead me
I wanna follow You..."


"I Will Go", Written by Tim Neufeld, Jon Neufeld, and Allen Salmon

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lynne.
    Love your blogs
    such a great way to use the internet!

    Andrew our oldest (youth pastor)was at the starfield concert with his youth when the floor collapsed......

    was quite the event....

    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ingrid,
    I'm glad Andrew's okay! Could have been so much worse. Glad you enjoy the blogs - it's an outlet for me so my head doesn't explode. :-) Thanks for your comment!
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete