Friday, November 9, 2007

Time to start Christmas shopping!












It may be too early for some, but I've started my Christmas shopping. Yep, I'm perusing the catalogue right now and there's just so much to choose from to buy, I don't know where to start. It's so easy when you can just use your credit card and order online. I have to ask myself how much will I be spending on Christmas gifts this year? And how much of it will be wisely spent as opposed to wasted?

I'm just hung up on whether to buy the piglets, the hens and rooster, the rabbits or perhaps the turkey.... Or even some fruit trees or an aids care kit.



I'm quite drawn to the piglets actually.




To think that for little more than I'd spend for a couple of meals at Swiss Chalet or Kelsey's, or even on Christmas decorations and wrapping, I can change a family's whole lifestyle with my purchase from the catalogue. That is staggering to me!
Can you resist these beautiful models in the catalogue? Check out the World Vision Gift Catalogue and search for the amazing ways you can change lives with some of what sits in your wallet or bank account. Could you even give if you don't have anything extra? Can you afford not to give? Look inside your heart, take a look at those faces, and you'll find the answer.
"When someone has been given much, much will be required in return; and when someone has been entrusted with much, even more will be required..." - Luke 12:48, The Bible, New Living Translation

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

No comments:

Post a Comment