Monday, April 9, 2007

Oh the irony...


Our car died on Resurrection Sunday. We had already been warned not to drive it on the highway because the rusty, holey, rear suspension could pop through the trunk if we hit a really big bump. It's actually been a really nice car and does not look anywhere near death, but much lurks beneath the system that can't be seen. After church, our daughter was driving people home and it suddenly died. The speedometer dropped to zero. No electronics. Nothing. Dead. Oh, my husband would like to resurrect it...just enough to get by until we buy another car. I think it needs to stay in the graveyard at the mechanic's yard. Let sleeping cars lie.

So ya, we're still driving the Jaguar and it will thankfully get our daughter back to college tonight. Ironic that we now need to buy a car....and here in our driveway is this Jaguar for sale at a good price for a Jag....we could even pay it off gradually through my husband's employer......but we don't want it! However, if we could use it for a few more months that would be quite acceptable!

We still have another jalopy that our son drives. My parents bought it new....22 years ago. You can imagine what it looks and sounds like....but it runs! So I will likely be borrowing that quite a bit this week. Hopefully, the extra use doesn't send it over the edge too! It will take a while to clean it out - I don't think our son has thrown any garbage out of it for at least a year. God keeps us humble.

One other thing died on Sunday - NHL hockey.

Toronto Maple Leafs - may they rest in peace......until next season.
(I wish I had a dollar for every time I've said 'next season...!!') P.S. Any comments regarding the Sens will be quickly deleted!!

1 comment:

  1. How quickly Lyn Faster than I can say GO SENS GO!

    Your Ottawa cousin

    ReplyDelete