Saturday, February 11, 2012

Take another look

 There's nothing quite like waking up to a Saturday morning with lots of snow and nowhere I have to go. My gardens were giggling with glee (yes they were) as their dry layers were craving the moisture and warmth provided by this glorious white wonderful white fluff. We have had precious little of it this year and I have missed it. A co-worker described to me how her adult friend visiting from Cuba had reacted when he saw snow for the first time. He ran outside more excited than a kid and reveled in the feel of this wonderful cold stuff. He couldn't get over it or leave it alone. Oh to experience fascination again about things that are just too familiar to excite us anymore!

 

 As I went about my chores today I was continually distracted. Pulling the sheets from the bed for the laundry, the window kept calling to me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Just as when my children were young, chores had to wait for time spent with them......so must this empty nester now spend time while the opportunity is at hand to catch glimpses of what's amazing just outside my window.

May it never become so familiar that I lose the wonder!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment