Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I didn't mean to - honest!

I killed the ugly fish - the one in my last post. And I really didn't mean to.

I mean I would never have gotten the aquarium going again and added 5 new little fish to keep him company and pond plants to make him feel at home if I hadn't cared. He stayed to himself and didn't seem to like the fish food so I bought some gucky frozen larvae stuff and plants for him to try. Hunger must have kicked in and in a day or two he was eating at the top with the rest of the fish and getting along swimmingly with them all.

I knew that you musn't overfeed goldfish. But they are deceptive little creatures. When you sprinkle that food in, they act like they are practically dying of hunger and they keep ravenously eating. Unfortunately, they eat themselves to death.

The smallest fish died first. Then another pretty orange and black one went belly up. By then it was too late. Ugly fish wasn't looking too well.

So I killed the three of them with kindness.....flushed away.  And now there are three who are fed precious little. But I will ignore their pleas of starvation.

I figure ugly fish survived the pond for just one purpose. To remind me during the approaching holiday season when tempting food will abound everywhere.....that I mustn't over indulge and eat everything around me....or I too will be flush with regret.

RIP ugly Fish


No comments:

Post a Comment