Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Spring Things

Summer is right around the corner (whether it feels like it or not), so I am providing you with some pics of spring things from around our home, before they are out of season. If you think I enjoy birds and flowers, you are very observant.

I'm not sure how I feel about chipmunks now that they've chewed a hole in the roof vent, chewed the window frames, and many of them can be seen tearing around the outside of the house (not inside....yet), and running along the brick walls. My heart softens when I look at their pictures....but when I see four or more at once in the garden, sending birds scattering in all directions, and scampering back and forth to the neighbours with their loot....I'm reminded they are rodents...rodents with pockets that desperately must be filled. And to think only a few years ago, I had never seen a chipmunk in our neighbourhood and longed to catch a glimpse of one....

Enjoy the show.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lyn: Your pictures are beautiful. You are your parents' daughter. They loved to take pictures of flowers also. My only question is this - where are the rabbits?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Momma rabbit started a nest beside the deck again this year....but before any babies appeared, she vanished! I'm afraid the dog next door likely got her along with a few other rabbits over the years. Not to worry. There's a younger rabbit next door at the other neighbour's - obviously living under their deck, (I took her picture today) and no doubt some multiplication will be happening. So watch for rabbit pictures coming soon to a blog near you!

    ReplyDelete