Thursday, May 17, 2007

My hero still amazes me....

The hero whom I've never met is still amazing me. I wrote about Heather in my post dated April 30th. At that time she was about to undergo brain surgery and didn't know whether she would live or die, be paralyzed, or ever be able to speak or reason again. Well, she's back...not just getting around, but able to blog again with the same wonderful spirit she had before the tumour was removed from her brain. She has a long road ahead of her....but I'm so glad she is the same person inside as she was before the surgery - and able to express it as beautifully. You can read about her progress here and pray for her and her family. I have other heroes in my life as well whom I personally know...people who persevere through hardship, without complaint, knowing where their strength comes from, and finding peace and even joy in the midst of suffering. They don't consider themselves heroes....but they are. And they have no idea how much strength and encouragement they provide just in the way they live their lives. Do you know any heroes? Consider yourself blessed if you do.